With Papa J recently having a big birthday, we are trying to stay young (not really). So we dropped off the kids and headed up to the mountains to hit the slopes. It's been two years since we've last went snowboarding. In fact I was pregnant with Cici at the time. (Maybe that's why she' so crazy!?!)
We had great weather and great snow. It has been dumping in the mountains lately and we hit it perfectly. It only started snowing in the afternoon. But luckily it wasn't cold at all. Well only when riding up on the lift.
We hope to make it a couple of more times during the season. We are even trying to plan a little trip with the kids. We think the girls would have a lot of fun tubing. We'd like to get Z on some skis, but are hesitant. We're thinking next year would be better since most places don't start ski lessons till age 4.

It was so nice to get away and feel free again. I loved flying down the mountain and not thinking about the kids, the apartments, or anything else that has been on my mind lately. I'm so glad we live in an area where we can still enjoy our hobbies. And I'm glad we can still have fun even after having the kids. Here's to staying young!

Happy Birthday Papa J!
2 comments:
Good for you. I really hope we can regain some of that here in a few months. Right now it's just not in our cards. We went snowboarding my first winter in Alberta and haven't been since. Are you guys close to the mountain??
I want to stay young! Looks like fun. I think I've aged 10 years this past 6 months. Loved all your gingerbread houses, you and J are so clever! Good thing I wasn't there, you know I would've been eating all the candy and there wouldn't have been much for decorating. Miss you guys, Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment