8.28.2011

Our little vacation.

It is time for an update. Excuse my absence as I have been trying to get back into the swing of things since our move and somewhat vacations.

Just after our move I decided to visit my parents since Dr. J was at work and I no longer had apartment manager responsibilities. It was so nice to take the kids to see their grandparents and not worry about when I had to return home. I was only planning on staying a week, but then it turned into 10 days as I was avoiding the long car ride home and completely enjoying my stay.

While we were there we did lots of fun things. The girls liked helping grandpa fill up the bird feeder with birdseed every morning. For some reason, Cici liked eating it. And I sat back one night and caught a few birds on camera.



Grandpa had found a birds nest out in the field and saved it to show the girls. It was intact with eggs that never hatched. Z put the nest on the front porch hoping the mama bird would come back for her babies.
My parents neighbor down the road had baby llamas that we went to see. They were so darn cute. The girls loved feeding them right out of their hands.


At night my mom would play her mother's piano that she inherited while the girls would settle down for sleep. Z made a couple of song requests and I wished that I knew how to play. There is still time to learn.
My parents have been Temple workers at the Medford, OR temple for about 10 years now. They love it and I had to take their picture in front of the temple. My grandparents worked at the Los Angeles Temple years ago and I loved that picture they took in front of the temple. I had to re-create a similar image for my children.
We also explored a nearby water park. It was so hot that my parents and I misted ourselves in our regular clothes. I love this picture of the girls and my parents running through the water.

And of course we can't go to grandma and grandpa's without having bubbles! I found a bubble gun at TJMax on clearance and snagged it up. The girls had great fun.

I'm so happy I no longer am managing apartments and can escape to my parents house more often. The girls are itching to go back.

1 comment:

Kara said...

Super fun pictures…..great shots of birds and baby llama….how cute, for sure!