We had so much fun decorating gingerbread houses last year that I got really excited for it this year. My mom, the sweet lady she is, bought the pre-made houses from Wilton after Christmas last year for us. We don't eat our houses so I didn't care that they were a year old and it saved me from having to bake so I was thrilled on the time saver.
But on Monday night when we finally opened up the boxes we discovered the houses were broken! Most likely from traveling house to house. One house was not so bad, but the other was in so many pieces. Papa J and I both tried to piece the one back together again with the icing that was included in the box, but I soon realized it was not going to happen. The icing was a buttercream type icing which does not harden like the royal icing and so the house was not fixable. I offered to make royal icing, but Papa J didn't want to bother with it. And Cici was too consumed by the candy that she didn't notice there wasn't a house to decorate.
Z continued on decorating her semi-broken house like a good little girl. She's learning patterns in preschool and applied her knowledge into her decorating. She's always been very careful and precise when crafting and I've been so thankful for that especially since Cici is the exact opposite.
And then there is Cici. She's uncontrollable at times! But so darn cute. She hasn't learned to control her candy consumption quite yet. So when I looked the other way, she'd grabbed the bag of frosting and plopped it in her mouth. And after I thought I put it out of her reach, she had it again and was eating it in the bathroom where I found frosting squirted all over the floor. The little stinker as I like to call her.
12.19.2011
Gingerbread Disaster.
Love,
Janelle
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
lol. i did the same thing last Christmas clearance. this time i'm picking up two instead of one.
Post a Comment