12.19.2011

Lights - National Lampoon Style

I won't lie. It's been lovely living in suburbia. After the Thanksgiving holiday, lights were showing up on numerous homes making driving at night a little more exciting for all of us. But one home in particular stood out like a sore thumb. While driving to a friends house I spotted it off the main road and immediately turned the car around for a second look. Both Papa J and I thought of the movie National Lampoons Christmas Vacation. Lights on every inch of the home. It was amazing! We stared for about 5 minutes and watched numerous cars drive by gawking as well. I decided I needed a picture for documentation and thanked myself for keeping my tripod in the car. It took awhile to grab a picture as cars seemed to come every minute and block my view, but I finally grabbed it. It's just lovely.
So many details. I wonder how many hours it takes to set up?

A day or so later I received an email with a link to a website that lists the homes with lights for viewing. You must check it out if you live in California. I jotted down all the addresses so we could make an evening full of lights. The best homes were the ones who had choreographed light shows to music and you listen through a radio station. Papa J and I were blown away. It was so much fun. The girls didn't quite get it, but loved viewing the lights.

1 comment:

Kara said...

Nuts. seriously. cool to look at.