Papa J doesn't like me to bake cookies/candies for a couple of reasons:
1. He doesn't want to be tempted to eat them all.
2. He gets upset when I give them all away and don't leave any for us. (A little contradictory to the first reason, I know.)
So it's safe to say he was a little upset I wouldn't let him try these cookies as I packaged every single one up to give away. I would have liked to do more baking, but his reason #1 kept me back as well as our limited budget these days. But I did convince him to buy me a package of oreos at the store so I could at least do something nice for our neighbors (who by the way don't celebrate Christmas because they are from India) and for his co-workers.
Again I saw this idea on Pinterest and thought it would be quick and simple. I wanted to try and make them extra cute by putting them on a stick, but it didn't work. Double stuffed oreos would be much better I think for that trick. So instead I just placed the oreos on my spoon and dipped them in the white chocolate and then had Z sprinkle the broken candy canes on top. Super easy and quick. I think they turned out quite cute, but I can't tell you how they tasted! I'll have to ask my sister since I sent a couple to her in her package. But could you really go wrong with chocolate covered oreos and peppermint? Probably not.
The girls also loved giving the treats to Papa J's co-workers. I've come to love all the people he works with - attendings, co-residents, MA's, etc. They are so nice to us each time we come by and take such good care of us. Papa J and I couldn't be more pleased with our residency program. It's a perfect fit. So I felt the need to do something nice for them. We didn't get to reach out to every person, but we did our best. And the girls had fun giving to others. Cici was even a little upset when we ran out of treats and we couldn't give anymore.

4 comments:
They were yummy! David and I ate them all by ourselves :)
These were made at a Christmas party I went to this year and they are awesome!! Way to show off your generosity by making them and giving them away.
Yum!!!
This has nothing to do with your cookie post, but they do look good! I love your family pic! The colors are gorgeous!
Post a Comment