1.03.2012

It snowed.

It snowed in our apartment.

Since our little family stayed put this Christmas, we received what felt like a ton of packages. And one package in particular was really interesting to the girls because it was filled with packaging popcorn. And as soon as I turned my eyes away, it was dumped all over the floor. And you all know how this stuff breaks quite easily. So in no time it was in bits and pieces all over my living room floor. I decided to take it easy and let the girls play, but I firmly said to Z, "You are picking it all up." Her reply, "Yes mom." And so the chaos began.

In between making a mess, the girls played in the box - as every child does. And Cici may or may not have eaten the popcorn. But they were having fun. And at that moment nothing else mattered.

But soon enough, I couldn't stand it any longer because I know how painful it is to clean up. Z kept her promise and started picking it up. She'd fill her nightgown with popcorn and dump it back into the box. Then she got smart and grabbed the broom to try and sweep it all up. And then I came to the rescue with the vacuum.
It's times like these that I'm glad I'm letting my kids be kids. They are growing up fast enough and I want to make sure they are having fun before it all ends. And I may or may not be bored when Papa J is at work. Who knows? But sometimes I just need to sit back and relax and let my kids be kids because is it really worth stressing over the mess? Usually not.

1 comment:

Luanne Hardy said...

I still want to play with packaging peanuts. T's hard for me not to still.