It's official. I'm a soccer mom. Season has begun!
I wasn't going to sign Z up for anything right yet, but since some of her friends had signed up for soccer and they needed more girls, I went ahead and did it. She's never really shown any interest in soccer, but is loving it. It helps that she has friends on the team and her coach is great as well. I think this will be a good experience for her and that's all I'm planning on right now.
I feel she's too young to really know what she'd like to do, but as her mother, I'd like her to experience a few things. Of course we all have dreams of our children following in our footsteps in music, sports, etc, but I never want to push her. She has a natural love for water, so I have a feeling swim team will be around the corner, but till then, it's soccer season.
The pictures below are of our first practice. Papa J is trying to help coach the team, but his time is limited. Hopefully he'll be there more often than not.
Cici loved being on the field with all the girls. She blended right in. I'm not sure what direction I'd like to encourage Cici, but I have a feeling gymnastics might be a good choice. She's strong and loves to do "tricks."
Here is team Pink Ice Cream. They have pink jerseys and the girls were able to come up with their name on their own. I suggested to Z Pink Panthers, but it didn't stick. I guess we'll have to have and ice cream party at the end of the season just to celebrate their name.






2 comments:
How cute an all girl soccer team. That's a first. It's pretty much all boys here in Utah! Good luck Soccer Mom! :)
that's seriosuly the problem with all the kid's sports. all the volunterring or shelling out of hundreds of dollars. i refuse to do it. i say grab the ball and play in the culdesac or local park. good job on volunteering.
Post a Comment