Since I've been sewing away at my fabric stash, I thought it would be fun to make some Easter baskets for the girls this year. They turned out pretty cute, but nothing fancy. I didn't have fusible fleece the tutorial called for, but I did have some heavier fusible interfacing I used for the body of the baskets. It just wasn't strong enough to hold up the handles. Not a big deal. I even used up the rest of my piping from the girls Christmas seat cushions. I'm feeling very frugal these days and proud of it :) Sometimes you don't realize what you have on hand, it may just surprise you!
The girls loved their baskets. Z was so excited when I showed them to her. Not only did the Easter bunny use them, but the girls play with them often loading them up with toys, books or baby dolls and blankets for their everyday use. It's been great to see them used for multiple purposes. It's what I had in mind. And I'm hoping even if they get dirty before next Easter, they could easily be cleaned right up.



2 comments:
I love this idea for so many reasons. so beautiful.
So cute J! What a good idea!
Post a Comment