No school yesterday since it was Martin Luther King day. We knew at some point Papa J would have to go into work so we tried to make most of our morning. I've been meaning to plant the daffodil bulbs my mother gave me but with my broken wrist and broken planter box I've needed some help. Papa J got to work for me. It was wonderful. The girls both jumped in to help as they always do. They really can't leave their daddy's side.
Just after he poured the dirt into the planter box he got the expected call and off to work he went. The girls and I finished planting our bulbs and then got ready to head to the park.
We met our neighbors at the "train park." We've never been before so it was new to us. We loved it!! So much we stayed past lunch time. So as my tummy rumbled we left the park to have lunch at home.
Since Z had a slight cold I've been having her take naps to get the extra rest her body needs. So the best trick I have learned with my girls is to have them snuggle in my bed with me and read books. After a couple of books we all roll over and nap together. It's the best bonding time and we all get our much needed rest! I usually wake up with both girls snuggled on each side of me. I love it. And I'll take it as long as I can.
Of course Papa J had to stay late at work so it was an easy dinner for us. I tried waking Z up around 5 o'clock but she wasn't ready. I thought maybe she would sleep the whole night but she finally woke around 6 pm. Luckily she went to bed around 9 without a problem. Her cold is gone so the extra rest was a success.
So much of my days seem to fly on by these days. I don't get in the crafting, sewing, or extra activities I used to anymore. And the one thing I've neglected the most is writing down our everyday adventures. I used to blog more often and I love looking back on those days. So I'm determined to keep fighting for this here blog so that I can relive these small memories and details of our little life.
1.22.2013
Another day.
Love,
Janelle
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Good job, Mama. You're an inspiration to me!
Post a Comment