I walked Z to school. It's so nice to be so close and have that privilege. It's been colder this winter and some mornings I'm just not motivated to walk in the cold so we drive. Other times its been a battle of a morning and are running late so we hop in the car for the quick drop off. But I try to walk at least 2-3 times a week. It's not only physically good for them, but I try to help them be more aware of saving money, gas, etc. I often get the question, "Are we walking or driving?" And I like it.
Now that the girls are used to the walk to school I actually think they enjoy it! I try to have fun with them and more importantly have a conversation with them. It's more bonding time and Z and I have a special "hand shake" we use to tell one another that we love each other. Again I'm sure it won't last long, but I'm hoping to be a "cool" mom she'll want to have around in the future. If not I know it will be a phase and I'll have her back soon.
After walking Z to school I served up some hot cocoa for Cici. Usually she wants it, but hardly ever drinks it. This time she devoured it. Why is it as moms we find our messy kids so cute? Not sure, but it sure is fun watching them enjoy themselves.
On Tuesdays I take Cici to a church music class my ward offers. It's free and the kids gather together to sing songs, read books and play. It's so low key and its an excuse to get out of the house. I think Cici enjoys running all over the gym afterwards the most, but I'll hear her singing the songs to herself throughout the day. She may not participate as openly as the other kids, but I know she is learning and taking it all in. Her wild self has a hard time opening up in front of people. I'm hoping she gets better as shell be starting preschool in the fall.
After lunch we picked up Z from school and ran into her friends mom. She suggested a play date, I suggested my house and the rest of the afternoon was booked. I love it when my days are packed. The girls are content and the day just flies by. We haven't been real busy lately and have been mostly at home so it was good to see some friends. I think I'm finally getting the after school routine down now. It's only taken 4 months. But with homework, the extra reading, computer time (its part of homework), and still trying to be a kid, there is a lot to fit in. I'm not sure how I could really fit anything else in sometimes! Especially when my child comes home tired from school. Oh there have been some terrible days! But I'm learning to put myself in time out now. Ever tried it? It's wonderful.
1.23.2013
Our life.
Love,
Janelle
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I'd walk to school in the winter, too, if my neighborhood looked like that ;)
Post a Comment