10.14.2008

Our weekend getaway.

(A long post consisting of picture after picture. Sorry.)

Off for another adventure. We headed out Friday morning and little Z started on the right track. She fell asleep right away, but not for long. She decided on only napping for one hour the entire 5 1/2 hour drive. Oh well, when she really got restless, Papa J stopped off for our "National Soft Serve Hour." Boy, did that spice things up a bit!
A happy little girl once again. It definitely gave her a good 30 min boost of crazy energy.
Then we opted to draw. This aquadoodle is a lifesaver! It's pen is refilled with water and only shows up on their special paper/fabric. It keeps the walls clean and everything else she draws on. A mommy two thumbs up! Worth every dollar spent.
We finally arrived and cousins were all over each other. Literally. Miss Sienna adored little Z as always, but was very reluctant to share her toys. It was a battle ground. A love-hate relationship as we might put it. We only wish we could have stayed longer.
So it was off to Port Hueneme Naval Base where we stayed for two nights. You most definitely get perks when in the military or visiting military relatives. Our cost for hotel on base was $28/night. Not bad. It was a fun experience, though we never saw any training action going on. I would describe the base as being a little town. They have museums, bowling, parks, movies, gas stations, grocery stores, shopping and housing. You really could get trapped and forget about the "outside" world. The kids were getting ansy and had to run around. We let them go wild at the park across the hotel. Little Z absolutely loved riding the "bouncy" toys (what are those things called?) and swinging. She could swing for hours if we let her. She kept signing more, more, and more! We finally pulled her out screaming, otherwise she would have slept in the swing overnight.

And to top things off, Papa J and I had spotted a pumpkin patch off the freeway and I have been dying to take Z. The kids had a blast! Z kept saying "punkin, punkin." It was so cute. Luke thought all the little white pumpkins were balls and wanted to through them all. Such a boy.
We got great prices on our pumpkins. The one below was only purchased for $20! We can't wait to go again before the season is over.

Thanks for letting us come visit...till next time!

3 comments:

Alexis said...

Hey Janelle! I found your blog through Ricki and I'm so gald I did...I can't believe how much time has passed since you guys left! Zoe is sooo cute! I was really happy to read your blog about Prop 8. i don't live in California so I won't be voting about this, but I feel very strongly about it none the less.
Hope all is well in Sunny CA!!

Breean and Jeff said...

SO fun!! Looks like you guys had fun. The post with Zoe on the potty is so dang cute. I think you are doing a good thing with getting zoe comfortable on the potty!! Keep it up!

smith scratch said...

Looks like you had a blast. We will have to chat soon to talk about your adventure and my show!