On to part two of photography: shutter speed. Or in other words motion; stopping or capturing the motion of movement. I would love to go to the New York subway and capture the lights and motion, but I will have to substitute in other ways and try to get creative.
The other day after playgroup I went up above the playground to see the fountains. Marielle and her daughter came along. It's good to have a professional opinion when learning photography. I started shooting the different water fountains on different shutter speeds. Here's a couple of photos.I couldn't help taking a picture of the bay. It was a gorgeous day and it's fun to see an overlook of the city.
I was getting too caught up in trying to "stop" the water from flowing in the shot. Marielle suggested a lower shutter speed because of the effect it can have on water. I took this at 1/20. I really like the way it turned out. I wish I would have experimented with the lower shutter speeds more. I guess I have all month to get more comfortable. I also really need to look into getting a tripod. Dad, do you find that one at home you said you had?
3.30.2009
Part II: Shutter speed.
Love,
Janelle
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey, these look great! I love the last one- very cool. It was so nice outside that day! Your pictures are great. Thanks for hanging out with me- I had a good time! We'll have to go shooting sometime soon.
Love love love them. I also just love how Zoe was the perfect model for you. Looks great. I'm thinking you are going to have to tutor me when I am in town in May. ;)
Post a Comment