5.04.2009

Here kitty, kitty!

For Z's birthday I couldn't decide on what kind of cake to make. Last year, if you remember, I tried fondant for the first time and made a giant cupcake. It was fun. Z likes so many things that I just couldn't make up my mind. Then after experimenting with cupcake pops with my mom a couple of weeks ago and browsing through Bakerella's blog, I decided to go with a Hello Kitty theme.

So I made the Hello Kitty cake pops:
Hello Kitty cupcakes:
And a Hello Kitty cake:
Again it was fun. Though I slave in the kitchen late at night and ignore my family (particularly my husband), it's all worth it in the end. I love to see Z's face light up with smiles.

When Z woke up in the morning and saw the cake pops she immediately wanted a kitty cat "cookie". She held on to it for a little while just admiring it. She took a couple bites later and then was done. After all it was her birthday weekend.

I'm sure Z doesn't understand birthdays yet, but she sure enjoyed herself. Like I said, it's a blessed mom feeling when your daughter's face lights up with excitement and joy.

I have to say she is a pro when blowing out candles. She blew them out in one try, one at a time. No hesitation and no spitting on the cake. All was dry. Afterward she just wanted her cupcake, well frosting because she left the cake behind. Maybe she doesn't like carrot cake or maybe she just has a sweet tooth.

Z's 2nd birthday has now come and gone. My little girl is growing up and everyday learning more and more. She is a sponge and I constantly have to watch myself, but I'm loving every minute. She is a spittin' image of her father and I enjoy laughing with both of them. She has become my little buddy though she still is my baby at heart. I especially love it when she wakes up in the morning and comes into my room to snuggle for a few minutes before getting me out of bed. She is my life.

4 comments:

Tyler and ShaeLee May said...

You're cakes were so cute and yummy. Wish I was as talented as you. Thanks for inviting us, we had fun talking and hanging out.

smith scratch said...

Beautiful! You are so creative and talented!
I can't believe that Z is 2, she is still a baby to the boys and I. :]

Nicole said...

Very cute! Lukas saw the pics and very excitedly signed "cat". haha I can't believe our kids are old enough to know what it is enough to tell us! ;) You really should start your own party planning business Janelle! YOu would be awesome at it! So I see you made the whiskers out of licorice. What did you make the bow out of? A lot of fondant?

Lindsey Whiting said...

Happy very-belated birthday!! I'm just going through your blog, I love to see all you've been up to. I've been off the blogs for a few months, kinda slackin' I know. She is so beautiful!! I am still searching your blog to see what you are having!