Just in case you were wondering how I was coming along with Dana's Quilt-a-long.
We are on week 3. I've chosen my fabric, cut it into strips and am now in the process of sewing the strips together. It's taking longer than expected, but I'm not giving up. I've conquered 6 sets and have 8 more to go. After they are all sewn I need to press the seams and cut out the blocks. I'm glad she's giving us a week since I'm needing the time. You can expect me to stay up late hours into the night in order to finish. Some women are already piecing their blocks together. I don't think they have any children at home and must be retired. Some people ask how I even manage to get things like this done. Well remember I only have one child. To those of you who have more than one, try and remember the easy days. Also if you remember my child likes to sleep, so most days I get a 2-3 hour break in the middle of the day. And then of course early bed time is key. I'll let you know how it comes along when I have two little munchkins on my hands.
But for now you can watch my progress (and many others) on flickr. I'm listed as sewmamaj.
6.03.2009
Progress.
Love,
Janelle
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I can't wait to see the finished product. You found super cute fabric!
Ok, that is the CUTEST!! fabric. Feel free to make me a quilt while you are at it :) Where did you get the fabric?
Great fabrics! I have a similar stash, but with 2 kids that don't nap, a quilt is unlikely! Good for you, can't wait to see the finished product.
You are so good at that kind of stuff, I'm so jealous! So stinkin talented. I wish I had the patience for that or attention span. You are amazing!
Post a Comment