11.15.2010

Captain Hook & the Crew.

We started out Halloween on the right foot.....a great party! Crime scene was the theme and though our costumes didn't necessarily match the theme (I wasn't going to make two sets of costumes) we had a great time.
The next day was our ward's Trunk or Treat. Please excuse Z's face as this was the best family shot we have. It wasn't until later when she fell asleep at 5pm I knew something was wrong. Poor thing wasn't feeling well, but well enough to snag up some candy before crashing for the night.
Miss Tiger Lilly-a.k.a. Cici-was loving all of the candy. To keep her contained while Z trick and treated, we stuck her in the back of the van with some candy. She was in heaven.

Z was Tinkerbell this year, though that wasn't her first choice. For months she told me she wanted to be a caterpillar. I don't know where she got the idea from, but it was stuck in her head and so I went with it. It wasn't until I started making her costume she told me she wanted to be Tinkerbell. Luckily I still had time to get the material and I already had the pattern. Fortunately the caterpillar costume I started making only cost me $5. I'm hoping I can still use it next year for Cici. Otherwise I'll be a caterpillar. And since she was Tinkerbell, we went with the whole crew of being Captain Hook, Peter Pan, and Tiger Lilly.
Here are our superhero friends. Batman & Robin and the vicious pregnant Catwoman.

And here's the cutest frog prince from The Princess and the Frog. Pretty adorable if you ask me.
And here is Z's crew. I have a similar picture from last year. It's so fun to see them grow up. I'll definitely be sad when we move away, but I don't really want to think about that right now.

3 comments:

Sweet November said...

Oh my goodness! How much o a difference is Aiden from last year to this year? Those cheeks! I love how Z and Che are still neck in neck with their height while they're like a foot taller than our fir engine!! :o)By the way did you just use your kit lens?

Kara said...

I think costume-making is a near-lost art. I'm so happy to see homemade costumes! Up here is cheaper to buy and it's still expensive. How crazy is that. I love C's costume. Well done creative mama! P.S. you look like a model!

The Lively's said...

Love the costumes! Is it just me or do you LOVE Halloween? Your kids are growing up so fast...I can't believe how big Z is looking. Time is going by faster and faster. Anyhow you look great as always! If you talk to or see your brother S tell him I said hi.